UniVida Medical Centers
The Nurse Practitioner (APRN) acts as part of the clinical operations team and is responsible for providing direct patient care in Univida Medical Centers and home settings depending on the nature of the assignment. The responsibilities include but are not limited to geriatric assessment, medical history, physical exam, diagnosis and treatment, development of the plan of care, health education, physician referrals, case management referrals, follow-up, and clear documentation according to Univida’s standards for quality, service, productivity, and teamwork. It also includes the participation in clinical rounds and conferences plus in-depth documentation through written progress notes and summaries.
- Independently assesses acute and non-acute clinical problems. Performs and documents physical assessments and patient histories, analyzes trends in patient conditions, and develops, documents, and implements a patient management plan in response to the data obtained. This also includes assisting in the development of the plan of care in addition to providing appropriate patient/ family/significant other counseling and education.
- Plans patient care based on in-depth knowledge of the specific patient population and/ or protocol, anticipating and identifying physiological and/ or psychological problems commonly encountered including the consideration of the patient’s cultural background, level of understanding, personality, and support systems. Serves as patient advocate.
- Patient management includes the following:
- Writes admission, transfers, and discharges orders.
- Orders and interprets appropriate laboratory and diagnostic studies.
- Orders of appropriate medication and treatments.
- Refers patients for consultation when indicated i.e. dermatology, neurology, ophthalmology, endocrine, surgery, intensive care, infectious disease, hematology, psychiatry, social service, dietary, etc.
- Documentation through in-depth progress notes and summaries.
- Participates in patient care rounds and conferences. Communicates patient management strategies to members of the patient care team. Collaborates with members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure that patient management strategies are successful in meeting patient care needs.
- Recognizes situations which require the immediate attention of a physician, and initiates life-saving procedures when necessary.
- Uses advanced communication skills to problem solve complex situations and to improve processes and service to patients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Ability to adapt easily to changing conditions and work responsibilities.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful conditions.
- Establishes and maintains an effective working environment.
- Excellent people skills while following corporate policies and procedures.
- Critically analyzes data and evidence for improving clinical practice.
- Integrates knowledge from the humanities and sciences.
- Translates research and other forms of knowledge to improve practice processes and outcomes.
- Develops new practice approaches based on the integration of research, theory, and practice knowledge.
- Bi/multilingual ability preferred.
- Current Nurse Practitioner Certification (APRN) in the State of practice required
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and Department of Public Safety (DPS) registration (if applicable to state), for prescription writing.
- Is not sanctioned, excluded, or disbarred from any State or Federal Health Plan and has not Opted out of Medicare participation.
- Willing to share malpractice history upon request
This position works under usual office conditions. The employee is required to work at a personal computer as well as be on the phone for extended periods of time. Must be able to sit, walk, stand. The incumbent must be able to work extended and flexible hours. Physical demands include the ability to lift to 50 pounds.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- This role does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Work may involve some driving/traveling to assigned clinics or corporate office.
- UniVida computers, standard and customized software applications, and tools.
To apply for the APRN position, please fill out the following form: